As the third-largest city in the U.S., Chicago is known for its wind, arresting skyline, and expansive Lake Michigan shoreline. But its primary claim to fame? One-of-a-kind “Chicago-style” pizza.
Chicago’s history is steeped in pizza-making innovation as the origin of deep dish and stuffed crust and the epicenter for a resurgence of Neapolitan and Roman-style pies. Additionally, tavern-style thin crust pizza is a Midwest favorite showcased at numerous Chi-town pizzerias.
Looking for a Chicago wedding catering service that carries on this tradition with one-of-a-kind mouth-watering combinations?
Choose Wooden Paddle for your reception. Our pizza-centric menu is packed with modern takes on traditional classics.
Best of all? We bring our custom wood-fired ovens to your venue and create our artisan pizzas right before your eyes. For a wedding catering service that reflects your slightly offbeat, easygoing style, call (630) 326-8150 to reserve your date today.
Our Ovens Are Part of the Experience
Our ash wood-fired cookery on wheels is more than just an oven — it is an immersive culinary experience. Your guests can interact with staff, watch as the chefs prepare and cook their pizzas, and mingle in the fun and festive atmosphere.
With a Wooden Paddle pizza oven at your wedding reception, your gathering will project the perfect blend of relaxed and sophisticated that will leave your friends and family talking long after the party is over.
We’ll tow our custom oven to your Chicago venue and set it up in any area that:
- Can be accessed by our tow vehicle.
- Is flat and dry.
- Has dimensions of at least 12 feet by eight feet.
- Has an adjoining 10-foot by 10-foot space where our pop-up kitchen can be situated in front of the oven.
Each oven can serve up to 300 people with ease, but don’t let that limit your guest list. If you have more than 300 guests, we’ll bring two ovens!
We use only locally sourced ash wood to fuel our ovens. Why do we use ash wood? Because it creates consistently heated coals that cook your pizza to perfection.
Why do we locally source our ash wood? To support area businesses, and let’s face it, it’s the responsible thing to do.
By not shipping wood in from other regions, we reduce our carbon footprint and avoid introducing non-native species or diseases that could affect Chicago-area trees.
We Will Accommodate Your Venue for Your Special Event
Due to our ongoing relationship with these organizations, we’re aware of their requirements and their facilities’ layout. In other words, it makes planning and executing your dream wedding a breeze.
Regardless of the Chicago-area venue you select to host your reception, we’ll work with them to ensure your special day runs like clockwork. We’ll visit the site beforehand and speak with their coordinators directly. This way, we can be prepared, ensuring there are no surprises when it comes time to fire up our oven.
Don’t Settle for Just One of Our Famous Pizzas
Where do we start? Wooden Paddle is known for miles around for its irresistible, out-of-the-park delicious pizza.
You’ll choose four of our masterpieces to feature on your menu. With gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options, you can create a lineup that works for every guest on your list.
Our pizza offerings range from traditional to trendsetting and are garnished with only the freshest and most flavorful ingredients. Select from:
- Pepperonly — Topped with cup and char pepperoni (the kind that curl up into a crispy cup while they bake), plus garlic, mozzarella, and provolone cheese.
- Sausage Fest — Sausage is Chicago-style pizza’s most popular topping. We make our sausage pizza even better by adding bacon, pepperoni, red tomato sauce, mozzarella, and provolone cheese.
- Margherita — Simplicity at its finest, with basil, mozzarella cheese, red tomato sauce, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil.
- The Buzzkill — Sweet and spicy, with honey, Calabrian chili peppers, basil, pepperoni, mozzarella, and red tomato sauce.
- Pretty Fly for a White Pie — Say cheese! We blend four varieties (mozzarella, ricotta, gorgonzola, and parmesan) with fresh garlic, cracked black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Getting’ Figgy Wit It — Features our house-made fig jam, plus mozzarella, mascarpone cheese, and hand-sliced prosciutto.
- Greens, Eggs, + Ham — Greens (nut-free pesto and arugula), egg, prosciutto, and applewood-smoked bacon are rounded out by grape tomatoes, mozzarella, and fontina cheese.
- Smoke + ‘Shrooms — Smoked gouda is paired with black truffles, roasted cremini mushrooms, thyme, and mozzarella cheese.
- Caprese — Enjoy your favorite Caprese salad as a pizza! Complete with basil, grape tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, mozzarella, and a balsamic reduction.
- Rocketman — Topped with arugula (also known as “rocket”), hand-sliced prosciutto, grated parmesan, mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil, and a balsamic reduction.
Round out your menu with an assortment of desserts (including dessert pizzas!), salads, appetizers, and drinks. Packages begin at $34 per person and are customizable based on your needs.
Once we have worked out your needs and wants, we will provide you with an easy-to-understand, fully transparent quote. All that’s left for you to do is sign the contract, make your deposit (quickly done online with a credit card), and lock in your date!
Make Wooden Paddle Your Chicago Wedding Catering Service
Still not convinced that Wooden Paddle’s the perfect wedding catering service for your once-in-a-lifetime celebration? We’ll show you in person!
Schedule a time with our event coordinator and then swing by our Lemont restaurant for a tasting. You’ll have the opportunity to sample any of our delectable menu items that strike your fancy. Come hungry, leave convinced!
Wooden Paddle’s got the goods and the services to back it up, and we’ll help you design a wedding experience like no other. But that’s not all. Our capable staff puts your needs first, attending to every detail, allowing you to be fully present for your guests.
Keep in mind, we book weekend wedding dates about a year in advance. So, what are you waiting for?
Check our online event calendar, fill out our online form, or call us at (630) 326-8150 to schedule your tasting.