For more than eight years, Wooden Paddle has offered a one-of-a-kind interactive catering service experience. We specialize in gourmet, on-site wood-fired pizza that’ll bring fun and flair to your Frankfort wedding.
Our talented chefs craft your artisan pizzas on-site by hand-tossing our own fresh dough, adding savory sauce and fresh toppings. We then fast-fire them in our custom-made wood-burning oven right before your eyes. Your guests will be thrilled you bypassed the dried-out chicken and bland fish for the unique, mouthwatering fare they’ll be talking about for years.
To get started on your reception plans in Frankfort or the Frankfort area, call our event coordinator at (630) 326-8150.
We Want You to Taste Our Menu Before You Hire Us
Most wedding guests will remember the music and the wedding venue, but the food is often swiftly forgotten. You won’t have that problem with Wooden Paddle! Take your pick of wood-fired pizzas, appetizers, salads, and desserts — whatever you have in mind; our skilled catering team will help bring it to life.
After you call us, our wedding coordinator will schedule a complimentary tasting for two, so you can try it for yourself!
Sample most of what we serve so you can get an idea of what you’d like to include on your menu. You can choose four signature pizzas and then round out your menu with salads, appetizers, desserts, salads, and drinks.
On your wedding day, you can rest assured that we will prepare your food the same way you experienced it at your tasting!
Let Wooden Paddle cater your next event
What Does a Menu Package Cost?
As soon as you choose your favorites, we’ll help you create your personalized menu. Specific items will generally determine your menu package price — your guest list size, your menu choices, and your service selection.
Our menu packages are fully customizable. The following are sample packages and their pricing:
- Starting at $34 per person — four signature pizzas, one salad, one appetizer, one dessert
- Starting at $46 per person — four signature pizzas, one salad, two appetizers, one dessert
- Starting at $79 per person — four signature pizzas, one salad, two appetizers, one dessert, plus place settings, bar service, bar glassware, and linen tablecloths
Though our servers are billed separately, our team of on-site chefs is included in all of our menu packages. Also, pricing does not include set-up, sales, or gratuity.
Frankfort Wedding Catering Lawyer Near Me (630) 326-8150
What Are the Catering Service Event Fees?
If you select Wooden Paddle as your wedding catering service, we’d be thrilled! And once you do, all we need is a 30% deposit payable with a check, debit card, or a credit card and a signed contract.
There is also a 20% service fee that covers:
- General liability insurance
- Liquor licensing
- Trash disposal and clean-up
- Disposable dinnerware
- Serving utensils
- Ash firewood for the oven
- Rental set-up and breakdown
- On-site kitchen set-up and breakdown
Catering event minimums apply and will depend on the time and day of your reception. The total for all food and beverages has to reach the event minimum. Call our reception coordinator for additional information.
How Is the Food Served at Your Wedding?
Weddings are different from other types of events, so make sure you call an experienced caterer that can handle multiple service types for all sizes of weddings. We offer three styles of food service that you can choose from, family, cocktail, or buffet-style:
- Family style — With family-style service, you and your guests remain seated while our servers bring your appetizers and pass them to your guests. Our pizzas and other dishes from your menu will be brought out and left tableside, letting your guests pass them around.
- Cocktail style — A cocktail-style reception works well for limited or mixed seating, bringing a relaxed vibe to your event. Our servers will pass every menu item to your guests as if it were an appetizer.
- Buffet style — To service your reception party buffet-style, our servers will again pass your appetizers. However, we will display the rest of your menu on a buffet table that you or your venue will provide. We will monitor and replenish it as needed.
We offer two dinnerware options; the first is disposable and is included in the 20% service charge. The utensils are wooden, while the white plates are made of compostable sugarcane. The tumblers are clear plastic, and the napkins and bowls are made of white paper.
You can also rent glassware, silverware, and china.
Planning an event? Book your next event with Wooden Paddle now
Reception Day Set-Up
Our pizza oven is maneuvered using a tow vehicle and can be situated anywhere a vehicle can park (driveways, parking lots, curbside, etc.) It needs to be a flat, dry area at least 12 feet long and eight feet wide. Our pop-up kitchen and workstation will require another 12 feet by 12 feet in front of our oven.
To avoid any snags, we’ll work with you and your venue to determine a specific arrival time ahead of time. We never arrive last minute and will make sure we know where and when to set up.
One of our wood-fire ovens can comfortably cook enough food to serve up to 250 guests. If you have more than that, we’ll tow in a second oven — we’ll just need additional space to park it.
Call Wooden Paddle Today to Discuss Your Plans
At Wooden Paddle, we delight in helping you create beautiful, fun-filled memories that will last a lifetime. Nothing is more vital to us than the happiness and satisfaction of you and your guests.
Do you have questions, or are you ready to discuss your plans? Call us today to reserve your date — we book reception dates on a first-come-first-served basis. You can reach our wedding coordinator at (630) 326-8150 or fill out the form on this page.