As the fourth largest city in Illinois and Will County’s county seat, Joliet offers elegant and timeless settings for your wedding. Historic properties, breathtaking landscapes, and picturesque parks provide the ideal surroundings to compliment your special day.
Choose Wooden Paddle as your catering service to bring its traditional and trendsetting culinary selections along with a fun, interactive experience. Since 2013, our unique wood-fired pizza, pop-up kitchen, and craft cocktail bar has been captivating brides, grooms, and guests at venues all across the Chicagoland area.
At Wooden Paddle, we’ll listen closely and partner with you to bring your reception dreams and fantastic ideas to life. We are committed to satisfying and exceeding your expectations. Call us today at (630) 326-8150 to schedule your complimentary tasting for two.
Enjoy a Unique Wood-Fired Oven Experience
Pizza is the highlight of our menu, and the way it’s prepared and cooked will have your guests raving about the food at your reception.
We bring custom-built wood-fired to your Joliet-area venue and park it where you tell us and where there’s enough space. We need an area 12 feet by eight feet and an area in front of it 12 feet by 12 feet for our mobile kitchen.
Each of our ovens cooks food for up to 250 guests utilizing locally sourced, low-smoke, high-heat ash firewood. If your guest list has more than 250 people, we can tow in a second oven.
Our kitchen and oven will be fired up and ready to go when you and your guests arrive. You and your guests can talk and interact with the chefs as they toss and hand-stretch your dough, load on the tasty toppings, and fast-fire your pies in our 800-plus degree oven.
Let Wooden Paddle cater your next event
Let Wooden Paddle Take Care of All Your Catering Needs
As soon as Wooden Paddle is signed on as your caterer, we’ll go to work sweating every last detail so that everything runs smoothly. We’ll schedule your tasting, help you choose your menu, and coordinate with your venue in advance to avoid unwelcome surprises on your wedding day.
We’ll take care of every behind-the-scenes detail, from your first tasting until the oven is towed away — all you have to do is make happy memories and enjoy your special day.
Joliet Wedding Catering Lawyer Near Me (630) 326-8150
A Quality Catering Service to Fit Your Budget
Wooden Paddle will help ensure your dreams become a reality without stretching your resources. After receiving our quote, you can relax knowing there are no hidden fees or dubious pricing.
We’re here to answer all of your questions and make sure we stay within your budget before moving forward. We can easily adjust our quotes, and we love to get creative figure ways to give you what you want at a cost that works for you.
What Does a Joliet Wedding Catering Service Cost Per Person?
Since each wedding is a one-of-a-kind event, costs will vary for Wooden Paddle’s catering services. Pricing is usually based on your service method, menu selections, and the number of people on your guest list.
The following are sample catering packages, priced starting at $34 per person, up to $79 per person. Package items can be subtracted or added, depending on your taste, but it will give you an idea of our pricing structure:
- Package no. 1, $34 per person — Includes one salad, one dessert, one appetizer, and four signature Wooden Paddle Pizzas for your guests to choose from
- Package no. 2, $46 per person — Includes one salad, one dessert, two appetizers, place settings, and four signature Wooden Paddle Pizzas for your guests to choose from
- Package no. 3, $79 per person — Includes one salad, one dessert, two appetizers, and four signature Wooden Paddle Pizzas for your guests to choose from. Plus, place settings, bar glassware, bar service, and linen tablecloths
The sample pricing above includes on-site chefs but doesn’t include serving staff, set-up fees, sales tax, or gratuity.
Our disposable place settings include wooden utensils, white compostable sugarcane plates, white paper bowls and napkins, and clear plastic tumblers. Silverware, china, and glassware are also available for rent.
Planning an event? Book your next event with Wooden Paddle now
What Service Styles Can We Choose From?
Wooden Paddle offers a choice between three service styles to fit any budget or atmosphere. The service you choose determines the number of servers you will need, impacting your catering cost:
- Cocktail service — Each of your menu items will be passed to your guest by our servers like appetizers. This reception style is excellent for mixed or limited seating and brings a relaxed feeling to your reception.
- Family service — Your guests will be seated at their tables while servers first bring the appetizers. Other dishes, including the pizzas, will be brought tableside, allowing your guests to dig in and pass them around.
- Buffet service — Servers will pass your guests their appetizers and we will use a table that you, or the venue, provide to display the rest of your menu. As your guests move through the buffet line, our staff will monitor and replenish it as needed.
The service style you choose will influence the number of servers you will need. Servers and event captains are charged separately. An event captain is required for events with 75 or more guests or any sized reception with food and a bar.
What Is Your Set-Up and Breakdown Fee?
A 20% service charge will take care of the set-up and breakdown. It also covers:
- Ash firewood for the oven
- Disposable dinnerware
- General liability insurance
- Liquor licensing
- On-site kitchen set-up and breakdown
- Serving utensils
- Trash disposal and clean-up
Make Wooden Paddle Your Catering Choice
If you’re on the hunt for a cool, alternative catering service that fits you, Wooden Paddle is your answer.
Whether it’s at the historical Jacob Henry Mansion, the Joliet Union Station, or another venue, Wooden Paddle has your event covered — providing a reception experience as unique and fun as you are.
Popular dates fill up fast, so call today to schedule your free tasting at (630) 326-8150 or give us your event details using the form to the right.