Wouldn’t it be great if you could ditch the traditional overpriced chicken and dried-out fish options other wedding caterers serve for savory and fresh food prepared differently?
Imagine your fun-filled Newark wedding reception loaded with guests enjoying the site of wood-fired cookery blazing up mouthwatering pizzas. A celebration of your marriage surrounded by your loved ones, where drinks flow and laughter abounds.
This is the dream for many couples, but most caterers can’t deliver because they just don’t “get it.” Good news: Wooden Paddle gets it!
Wooden Paddle is the Newark wedding catering service that provides traditional and trendsetting culinary selections packaged in a fun, interactive experience. Newark’s “community of pride and progress” is the perfect setting for Wooden Paddle’s progressive catering style.
Our unique wood-fired kitchen and craft cocktail bar will captivate and delight everyone on your guest list. Contact us today at
(630) 326-8150 to book Wooden Paddle as your Newark wedding catering service.
Sit it back. Relax. We’ve got this!
Create Your One-of-a-Kind Menu
Let’s get started. To make sure you want to hire us, you’d better try the food, right? We agree. Our event coordinator will schedule a time for you to drop by our Lemont restaurant for a tasting.
Try anything on our menu and tell us what you have in mind on your wedding day. Our catering packages serve as a starting point, and everything is customizable from there.
The stars of the show, of course, are our unparalleled wood-fired pizzas! Taste the difference that an 800-degree, ash-wood-fueled pizza oven can make. You and your guests will experience flavors and textures impossible to achieve from pizzas cooked in conventional ovens.
Round out your menu with appetizers, salads, and passed desserts of your choice for a peerless meal that will leave your friends and family gushing for days about the food they had at your wedding.
We prepare everything on-site with the freshest and highest quality ingredients, and you can choose to have your guests served cocktail-style, family-style, or from a centralized buffet. We’re flexible!
Choose Your Bar Package
If you plan to offer alcoholic beverages at your reception, we have you covered with an array of bar service packages available. Each includes beer, wine, a selection of spirits, and any two of the following handcrafted cocktails:
- Apple-Sauced Old Fashioned — This twist on the old classic contains the Rossville Union Rye whiskey, Angostura bitters, a syrup made from demerara cane sugar, lemon, and Lairds Applejack.
- Don’t Take It For Pomegranate — A delicious mix of our house-made pomegranate grenadine, Prairie Organic Vodka, simple syrup, Q ginger beer, and lime juice.
- Fire + Ice — While we fire up the ovens, this cocktail brings the heat to your taste buds with habanero bitters, Nuestra Soledad Mezcal, lime juice, simple syrup, passionfruit liqueur, and basil.
- Scofflaw — We revive this old-time Prohibition-era cocktail with Gallo dry vermouth, Very Old Barton Bourbon, our house-made pom grenadine, and lime juice.
- Spritz + Circumstance — A sparkling Prosecco-based spritz with a fruity Giffard Pamplemousse liqueur, Ketel One Vodka, and grapefruit juice.
Disposable drinkware is included in the cost of your quote, as is the use of our mobile bar and hydration station stocked with non-alcoholic options.
We will also bring all of the ice, garnishes, sodas, mixers, and fresh-pressed juices needed to supplement our memorable beverages.
Secure Your Venue and We Will Be There
Location, location, location. For some couples, the perfect location is the cornerstone to their fairytale nuptials.
The Village of Newark provides stunning backdrops for your wedding, boasting quaint historical landmarks and beautiful churches that have graced the village since its 1835 founding.
Additionally, the 50 acres of rustic countryside at BrighterDaze Farm gives brides and grooms an enchanted wedding experience.
If you are getting married outside Newark, we have established associations with several stellar venues in the Chicagoland area, including:
- Storybook Gardens
- The BRIX on the Fox
- Ellis House & Equestrian Center
- Firehouse Chicago
- Warehouse: 109
As long as your reception locale allows outside venues, Wooden Paddle will be there with its customary five-star catering service experience. Our staff transports one (or two, or three) of our handsome wood-fired pizza ovens to your venue.
We’ll then set it up along with our pop-up kitchen and craft cocktail bar. All of your food and drinks are prepared at your event, seconds prior to being served!
Reserve Wooden Paddle for Your Reception Today
Since venues and caterers book a year or more in advance for high demand dates, these are two puzzle pieces you want in place as soon as possible in the planning process. To reserve your date with Wooden Paddle, schedule your tasting and then:
- Get your individualized quote — We’ll create a plan and give you a price quote for what it will take to make your vision a reality. Your cost will depend on many factors, including how many guests you’ll have, how extensive you want your menu to be, whether you will include bar service, and how many servers you need for your chosen service style.
- Claim your date — Lock it in! Go online to pay your deposit, and once you submit your signed contract, the date is yours. Then you can turn your attention to other pressing matters and leave the reception food, drinks, and service to us.
Discover the Wooden Paddle Difference
You have a multitude of decisions to make when planning your big day; why stress about your catering service? Booking Wooden Paddle is the easiest choice you’ll make, and here’s why:
- We have a custom-built mobile wood-fired pizza oven that we set up on-site
- A delectable menu with traditional and innovative flavor combinations
- A full catering staff that sweats the small stuff and treats you like family
We believe that love is the best reason to throw a party. With Wooden Paddle as your Newark wedding catering service, you’ll get excellent food, attentive service, and our unrivaled commitment to your satisfaction.
Remember: we schedule weekend dates about a year in advance, so fill out our online form or call us at (630) 326-8150 today!