Much like the city that adopted its name, sycamore trees are well-known for their vigor, longevity, and dramatic beauty.
They are easily recognized by their sizable, light-green leaves, distinctive-looking bark, and massive shape. The bucolic City of Sycamore is identified for its popular Pumpkin Festival, its architecturally alluring Historic District, and quaint population of friendly, smiling residents.
Are you looking for a Sycamore wedding catering service that blends effortlessly with this vintage aesthetic?
Choose Wooden Paddle. Wooden Paddle’s rustic charm, mobile wood-fired oven, and unforgettable pizza infuse the right balance of trendy and traditional into gatherings of any size.
From setup to breakdown, Wooden Paddle takes care of all of your catering details. Book your date now or schedule a tasting of our extensive menu by calling (630) 326-8150.
Read on to learn how to achieve the wedding of a lifetime with Wooden Paddle’s fresh and fun cuisine and handcrafted cocktails.
A Unique Wood-Fired Pizza Experience for Your Special Event
Wooden Paddle brings an up-close and personal, authentic wood-fired oven experience, creating a captivating culinary experience for everyone at your wedding celebration.
Our custom wood-fired oven and mobile kitchen are brought right to your venue and set up wherever you choose. We only need 12 by eight feet of space and another 10 by 10 feet for the kitchen.
Is your venue located above ground level? We’ll make it work, by parking our oven near the stairs or elevators closest to your reception hall. Our staff is expert at getting the food from our oven to your plates in record time.
Our eatery on wheels uses ash wood that has been locally sourced. Why ash wood? Because of its:
- High-heat output — Ash heats our ovens to more than 800 degrees, creating a pizza with flawless flavor and a crispy texture.
- Slow and steady burning qualities — Ash creates long-lasting coals. Their consistent energy makes all the difference when producing evenly and thoroughly cooked food — from the first pizza to the last.
- Low sap levels — Ash is a hard wood, which means it contains low sap levels and throws very few sparks. Soft wood containing more sap tends to “pop,” exposing food to wood and ash contamination. Thrown sparks can also cause safety issues for people nearby.
- Lower smoke emission — Ash absorbs less water than other wood giving it better burning properties and minimal smoke output.
Your guests can interact with our talented chefs and ogle as they hand-stretch the dough and then spread on the savory sauce, cheese, and other toppings before the pizzas are fast-fired to perfection.
A single oven can cook food that serves up to 300 guests. If you have more guests than that, don’t worry. We’ll bring in another of our ovens — we have three of them!
Reserve Your Date as Soon as You Can!
Event bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to reserve your date as soon as possible, generally about a year out.
The lead time you might need will depend on the popularity of the time of year or date you select for your wedding. For example, Saturdays in June will likely fill up faster than those in February.
Once you call us or fill out our online form, our event coordinator will get in touch to get the ball rolling:
- Schedule a menu tasting — If you haven’t been to our Lemont restaurant, we can’t wait for you to try our food. We’ll be there to answer your questions and listen to your vision while you sample items from our menu. Our catering packages are fully customizable, so you can ensure your food and drink offerings reflect your preferences.
- Receive your quote — We’ll draft a plan for your reception and provide you with a quote. Your price will depend on the length of your guest list, menu complexity, bar service inclusion, and the number of servers you will need based on your chosen service style.
- Lock in your date! — Once you pay your deposit online, over the phone, or in person, and submit your signed agreement, the date belongs to you and only you. After that, you can focus on other aspects of your wedding and leave the catering services to us.
Once you are added to our calendar, we’ll handle every small detail, from scouting the venue to set up and teardown!
Choosing Your Menu
When you come in for your tasting, you will likely discover that choosing the food to include on your menu is the most challenging part of the event planning process. Thankfully, it’s a tasty problem to solve.
As you sample from our menu, we’ll keep tabs on the selections you love, helping you compile a package that might include:
- Four signature wood-fired pizzas
- One or two appetizers
- One salad
- One dessert
- Bar service
We also have several bar packages to choose from. They include self-serve hydration stations, sodas, fresh-pressed juices, garnishes, mixers, ice, disposable drinkware, and mobile bar setup.
Wooden Paddle Can Work with Most Venues
Whether it’s the breathtaking rural amenities at Chapel in the Pines or elsewhere in the greater Chicago area, Wooden Paddle will ensure you and your guests enjoy exceptional catering service.
Wonder if Wooden Paddle can work with venues outside Sycamore?
Wooden Paddle has fostered relationships with several Chicagoland venues, and we’ve landed on preferred vendor lists at sites including:
- Ellis House & Equestrian Center — Minooka
- Firehouse Chicago — Chicago
- Imago — Elgin
- Ovation — Chicago
- Row24 — Chicago
- Storybook Gardens — Rochelle
- The BRIX on the Fox — Carpentersville
- Warehouse: 109 — Plainfield
Our well-established venue associations simplify reception planning at these locales.
Though, if you select a venue we haven’t catered at yet, we will still make it happen! We always tour the locations we serve well before the event to resolve any issues that may come up.
Booking Wooden Paddle for Your Sycamore Wedding
Book Wooden Paddle as your wedding catering service for a phenomenal and memorable event of any size and budget. Our wedding catering staff is experienced, highly trained, and always seeking ways to meet and exceed you and your guests’ expectations.
To experience exceptional, one-of-a-kind wood-fired pizza and handcrafted cocktails on your special day, complete our online form, and provide us your contact information and event details. Or call us today at (630) 326-8150 and let Wooden Paddle furnish you with a backdrop for wedding memories that last a lifetime!